Middle School Chorus
Grade 6 Chorus
Grade 7/8 Chorus
From the beginnings of recorded human history, across all time and in all
cultures, music has played a part in human life. Music provides the
opportunity for aesthetic experiences. These experiences combine the
physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual responses of human beings into
moments of wholeness. Musical experiences can communicate in ways that
cannot be expressed in language; they can continue throughout one’s
lifetime; they can be communally and individually creative and satisfying.
Students are exposed to quality choral literature and are given the
performance opportunities to share what they have learned.
Our Middle School Chorus Course Objectives:
1) To provide a setting in which students can learn about music
2) To develop self-discipline, character and control.
3) To expose students to quality choral literature.
4) To develop fundamental understandings and skills that will lead
students to experience beauty through music.
5) To foster appropriate behavior in a group setting.
1.) Students will prepare for a Winter Concert in December, an
All-Choirs Concert in March and a Spring Concert in May.
2.) Students may have other opportunities to perform in other special
concerts and festivals.
FORMS OF ASSESSMENT
1. Each student is an important member of the ensemble. It is
important for students to have a good attitude and to understand
that their contribution to the ensemble is crucial to its success.
2. In a musical ensemble the “final exams” are the performances. It is
very important that all chorus members attend each performance.
3. Students may be periodically assessed in class.
4. Individual contribution to the group on a daily class basis is worth 60%
of the quarter grade. Performances are worth 40% of the quarter